Next EBS (with ESOM)
April 29th to May 1st, 2023
in Pruhonice (near Prague)
"The letter of Paul to the Galatians"
Have you ever wished for a deeper understanding of a Bible book? Do some Biblical texts seem too far removed from the concerns and conflicts of today’s world? Have you ever been confused by the erudite language of Paul? Do the links between the Old Testament and the New Testament sometime seem mysterious? To what extent can exegesis, hermeneutics and history be useful and interesting?
If you can relate to any of these questions, come to the next EBS session in Prague!
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Andrew Boakye of the University of Manchester to EBS.
He will draw from his doctoral dissertation and research on Galatians to teach a seven-class series, bringing Paul’s letter alive and taking us back to historical Galatia before bringing us forward to today’s struggles with conflict, life, death, grace, freedom, unity and diversity.
Class 1: Galatians: The Crisis and the Letter
Class 2: Death and Life: Crucifixion and New Life in Galatians
Class 3: Unworthy Recipients: Galatians and the Messiah Gift
Class 4: “Today I Set Before You Life”: Galatians and the End of the Exile
Class 5: Freedom and the Spirit: The New Exodus in Galatians
Class 6: That We May Eat at One Table: Unity and Diversity in Galatians
Class 7: Concluding Reflections: Paul - A New Covenant Jew
Cost: 250€/person/full board. (243€ housing & 7€ fee)
Prague Nov 2022: "Devoted to fellowship"
Here are the first video files:
1. “Building blocks of fellowship: brokenness & mercy" pdf
2. “Building blocks of fellowship: holiness & repentence” pdf
4. "Love one another" pdf
5. "Building blocks of fellowship: conflict resolution and reconciliation I" pdf
6. "Be humble with one another" pdf
7. "What is the Lords Supper all about?" pdf notes
8. "How can the Lords Supper build fellowship?" pdf notes
9. "Building up one another" pdf
10. "Individualism and fellowship" pdf
11. "Practical aspects of fellowship"
12. "Church discipline" pdf
13. "Citizens of the kingdom, not of this world"