Onlinematerial of the session is available now!
Please look here
EBS - ONLINE
April 24th, 13:00 - 18:00
Who wants to live forever?
Death & Afterlife
Class 1: Establishing perspective: The afterlife (Pierre-Louis Suchel)
· The bosom of Abraham
· The evolutive concept of resurrection
· The paradox of biblical judgement
Class 2: Embracing reality: Facing the death of relatives (Micha & Dani Brück)
· Embracing reality: Facing death in our families
· Embracing grief: Allowing yourself and others to grieve – the different phases of grief
· Embracing unanswered and unanswerable questions
Class 3: Facing mortality: what are the prospects? (Brad King)
· The human condition: facing our mortality and the myths that sustain us
· Freedom and meaning
· The power of Jesus indestructible life
· Just what is heaven and eternal life, and will I enjoy it?
· Atul Gawande: Being Mortal – excellent treatment of handling the realities of dying
· Hans Küng : Eternal Life? – comparison of world religion's views on life after death (exists in German, French and English)
· N.T Wright Surprised by Hope
· N.T. Wright: The resurrection of the son of God
· Douglas Jacoby: What's the Truth about Heaven and Hell?
· F. Lagard Smith: After life
· Alfred Kuen: Le Labyrinth du Millénium (only in French for people interested in understanding millennialism)